Online Self-Study Courses
New and Returning Notaries
Becoming a Notary or Renewing a Commission has Never Been Easier!
Study anywhere online any time on any of your devices!
Three-and Six-Hour Certification
- Instant Access - Start Right Away!
- Fast & Easy to follow!
- Study at your own pace.
- Take the State Exam:
- After our Live Seminars, or
- At any CPS Proctored site in the state.
How it Works
- After your purchase:
- You will receive an email with a link to the online course website.
- Create an account and password.
- Login anywhere and anytime from all your devices.
- Take as much time as you need to complete the course;
- As little as five minutes here and there or as much time as you'd like.
- When you finish the course:
- Download, scan, or copy the Course Completion Certificate;
- Scan or photo and email, fax, mail to us.
- We will email the Proof of Completion Certificate and the Notary Application by the next business day.
- Courses Include:
- Easy to follow instructions
- Topic chapters, quizzes, and final quiz
- Optional Study Aids:
- Handouts, scenarios, hands-on practice, sample journal entry and notary acts, live course manual,
- Proof of Completion Certificate
- Notary Application.
- State Notary Exam Prep
- State Exam Practice Tests with the Passcode for our students, and
- One optional free zip code listing on our Need a Notary list.
- State Exam
- Pass Guarantee.
The Notary Public Section of the Secretary of State's office appoints and commissions eligible notaries public.
A notary public is a public official who performs valuable services to the legal, business, financial and real estate communities by certifying or witnessing signatures on official documents.