Online Self-Study Courses
New and Returning California Notaries
Becoming a Notary or Renewing a Commission has Never Been Easier!
Study anywhere online any time on any of your devices!
Don’t have time to sit in a class all day?
Interested in studying for the required notary certification at your leisure?
Then our 3- and 6-hour self-study online courses are perfect for you because they allow you to study at your own pace.
Take as little as five minutes here and there or as much time as you'd like to complete the course.
These courses are easy to follow. Choose either method of study: our Audio with Commentary or Read Along with Music courses. Just sit back, enjoy the background music as you follow along with the videos.
The courses are timed to meet the California Secretary of State required 3 or 6 hours of study. Optional Handouts are included with each chapter for additional study.
The course includes optional free State Exam Preparation with At a Glance summary information and Practice State Tests that align with our Live Course Manual in the first chapter handouts. These Online Courses come with a Pass Guarantee. In addition, you may choose to receive one free zip code listing on our Need a Notary list.
Three-and Six-Hour Certification
We Offer Two Ways to Study Online:
1. Audio Commentary
- This course is the next best thing to being in a Live Seminar.
- Follow the videos as the narrator, not only reads the material, but adds instruction, commentary, and insights into the Office of the Notary Public.
- You might even say the course is fun and entertaining!
Six-Hour with Commentary
Three-Hour with Commentary
2. Read Along with Music
- For the budget minded we have our easy to follow course; just sit back, enjoy the background music as you read along with the videos.
Six-Hour Read Along
Three-Hour Read Along
How it Works
- Complete the student registration form at Check Out.
- Credit Card: Instructions will be sent to the email address you enter in the credit card information section (not the student email).
- PayPal: Instructions will be sent to the email address of the PayPal account owner.
- After your purchase:
- You will receive an email with a link to an instructions page for the course website.
- Create an account and password.
- Login anywhere and anytime from all your devices.
- Take as much time as you need to complete the course;
- As little as five minutes here and there or as much time as you'd like.
- When you finish the course:
- Click the Completion Form link, fill in the requested information, and submit.
- We will email the Proof of Completion Certificate and the Notary Application right away or by the next business day at the latest.
- Courses Include:
- Easy to follow instructions
- Topic chapters, quizzes, and final quiz
- Optional Study Aids:
- Handouts, scenarios, hands-on practice, sample journal entry and notary acts, live course manual,
- Proof of Completion Certificate
- Notary Application.
- State Notary Exam Prep
- State Exam Practice Tests with the Passcode for our students, and
- One optional free zip code listing on our Need a Notary list.
- State Exam
- Pass Guarantee.
The Notary Public Section of the Secretary of State's office appoints and commissions eligible notaries public.
A notary public is a public official who performs valuable services to the legal, business, financial and real estate communities by certifying or witnessing signatures on official documents.