State Notary Exam
CPS Proctored California State Notary Exam
in the Greater Sacramento Area
Are you looking for a place to take the California State Exam?
Signup to Register for the Notary Exam offered after our Live Seminars!
As one of the requirements to receive or renew a notary public commission, each applicant must satisfactorily pass a proctored closed book written examination prescribed by the California Secretary of State.
Live Seminar and Online Students
- As part of our guarantee,
- Our Live Seminar students may retake the Seminar and the State Exam at no charge, or just Retake the State Exam after our Live Seminars,
- Our Online students may retake the State Exam after our Live Seminars
- As often as needed, once a calendar month.
- No extra Seat Fee.
- Fill out the form below and we will reserve your seat!
What to bring to class/exam:
- Photo Identification
- Driver License, Passport, etc.
- Current or Issued within five years
- Notary Public Application
- Proof of Completion Certificate
- 2"x2" color passport photo
- Two #2 pencils
- Separate $40 check or money order made payable to the Secretary of State
- or $20 for re-take.
- Retaking the Live Seminar and Exam as well in addition
- Bring to class all the course materials and any paperwork from the Secretary of State and CPS.
Exam is always at 4:45 pm at our Live Seminars.
Holiday Inn Express Hotel and Suites
9175 West Stockton Boulevard
Elk Grove, CA 95758-8051
February 22, 2020
March 12, 2020
April 4, 2020
April 25, 2020
May 14, 2020
June 4, 2020
June 27, 2020
July 18, 2020
August 6, 2020
August 29, 2020
September 17, 2020
October 10, 2020
October 27, 2020
November 19, 2020
December 8, 2020
Holiday Inn Express
155 Ferrari Ranch Road
Lincoln, California 95648
February 27, 2020
March 21, 2020
April 9, 2020
April 30, 2020
May 21, 2020
June 13, 2020
June 30, 2020
July 23, 2020
August 15, 2020
September 1, 2020
September 26, 2020
October 15, 2020
November 5, 2020
December 1, 2020
11269 Point East Drive
Rancho Cordova, California 95742
March 19, 2020
April 16, 2020
May 9, 2020
May 30, 2020
June 18, 2020
July 9, 2020
August 1, 2020
August 20, 2020
September 12, 2020
October 1, 2020
October 22, 2020
November 14, 2020
December 5, 2020
Saturday – 22nd - Elk Grove
Thursday - 27th - Lincoln/Roseville
Thursday – 12th - Elk Grove
Thursday – 19th - Rancho Cordova
Saturday - 21st - Lincoln/Roseville
Saturday – 4th - Elk Grove
Thursday - 9th - Lincoln/Roseville
Thursday – 16th - Rancho Cordova
Saturday – 25th - Elk Grove
Saturday – 9th - Rancho Cordova
Thursday - 14th - Elk Grove
Thursday - 21st - Lincoln/Roseville
Saturday – 30th - Rancho Cordova
Thursday – 4th - Elk Grove
Saturday - 13th - Lincoln/Roseville
Saturday – 27th - Elk Grove
Tuesday - 30th - Lincoln/Roseville
Thursday – 9th - Rancho Cordova
Saturday – 18th - Elk Grove
Thursday - 23rd - Lincoln/Roseville
Saturday – 1st - Rancho Cordova
Thursday – 6th - Elk Grove
Saturday - 15th - Lincoln/Roseville
Thursday – 20th - Rancho Cordova
Saturday – 29th - Elk Grove
Tuesday - 1st - Lincoln/Roseville
Saturday – 12th - Rancho Cordova
Thursday – 17th - Elk Grove
Saturday - 26th - Lincoln/Roseville
Thursday – 1st - Rancho Cordova
Saturday – 10th - Elk Grove
Thursday - 15th - Lincoln/Roseville
Thursday – 22nd - Rancho Cordova
Tuesday – 27th - Elk Grove
Thursday - 5th - Lincoln/Roseville
Saturday – 14th - Rancho Cordova
Thursday – 19th - Elk Grove
Tuesday - 1st - Lincoln/Roseville
Saturday – 5th - Rancho Cordova
Tuesday – 8th - Elk Grove
- The State Exam is a 45-question multiple choice test with a 60-minute time limit. A raw score of 70 points out of 100 is passing.
- In addition, each candidate is required to present a separate check or money order made payable to "Secretary of State" in the amount of $40 or $20 for re-take.
- Both our Live Seminar and Online Self-Study students may take the State Exam after our regularly scheduled Live Seminars as part of the cost of the course.
- As part of Our Guarantee, all our students may re-take the State Exam, if needed, once a calendar month until they pass at no additional charge from the Academy.
- Non-Students may test with us at our regularly scheduled Live Seminars for an Advanced Seat Fee.
- For an additional fee, we offer Non-Students an opportunity to take the State Exam after our Live Seminars.
- $25 non-refundable Seat Fee, $35 at door, limited to availability.