State Notary Exam
CPS Proctored California State Notary Exam
in the Greater Sacramento Area
Are you looking for a place to take the California State Exam?
Signup to Register for the Notary Exam offered after our Live Seminars!
As one of the requirements to receive or renew a notary public commission, each applicant must satisfactorily pass a proctored closed book written examination prescribed by the California Secretary of State.
Live Seminar and Online Students
- Secretary of State says you may take the State Exam once a calendar month, until you pass.
As part of our guarantee,
- Our Live Seminar Students may retake the Seminar and the State Exam at no charge, or just retake the State Exam after our Live Seminars.
- We expect you to make every effect to re-take the Seminar and/or State Exam in a timely manner of no more than 45 days between Seminars/Exams.
- After the 45-day period, you cannot retake the Seminar without charge. Since the Proof of Completion is good for two years, you may take the Live Seminar and/or State Exam after our Live Seminars for an advanced State Exam seat fee of $40 or $50 at the door.
- Our Online Students may retake the State Exam after our Live Seminars, with no charge.
- However, we expect you to make every effect to re-take the State Exam in a timely manner of no more than 45 days between Seminars/Exams.
- After the 45-day period, there is an advanced State Exam seat fee of $40 or $50 at the door.
- Fill out the form below and we will reserve your seat!
What to bring to class/exam:
- Photo Identification
- Driver License, Passport, etc.
- Current or Issued within five years
- Notary Public Application
- Proof of Completion Certificate
- 2"x2" color passport photo
- Two #2 pencils
- Separate $40 check or money order made payable to the Secretary of State
- or $20 for re-take.
- Retaking the Live Seminar and Exam as well in addition
- Bring to class all the course materials and any paperwork from the Secretary of State and CPS.
Exam is always at 4:45 pm at our Live Seminars.
Holiday Inn Express Hotel and Suites
9175 West Stockton Boulevard
Elk Grove, CA 95758-8051
July 8, 2021
July 31, 2021
August 19, 2021
September 9, 2021
September 30, 2021
October 23, 2021
November 13, 2021
December 4, 2021
11269 Point East Drive
Rancho Cordova, California 95742
June 19, 2021
July 17, 2021
August 5, 2021
August 28, 2021
October 28, 2021
November 18, 2021
December 7, 2021
Springhill Suites Roseville
10593 Fairway Drive
Roseville, CA 95678
June 24, 2021
July 22, 2021
August 14, 2021
September 2, 2021
September 23, 2021
October 16, 2021
November 6, 2021
December 2, 2021
Saturday - 19th - Rancho Cordova
Thursday - 24th - Roseville
Thursday - 8th - Elk Grove
Saturday - 17th - Rancho Cordova
Thursday - 22nd - Roseville
Saturday - 31st - Elk Grove
Thursday - 5th - Rancho Cordova
Saturday - 14th - Roseville
Thursday - 19th - Elk Grove
Saturday - 28th - Rancho Cordova
Thursday - 2nd - Roseville
Thursday - 9th - Elk Grove
Saturday - 18th - Rancho Cordova
Thursday - 23rd - Roseville
Thursday - 30th - Elk Grove
Thursday - 9th - Rancho Cordova
Saturday - 16th - Roseville
Saturday - 23rd - Elk Grove
Thursday - 28th - Rancho Cordova
Saturday - 6th - Roseville
Saturday - 13th - Elk Grove
Thursday - 18th - Rancho Cordova
Thursday - 2nd - Roseville
Saturday - 4th - Elk Grove
Tuesday - 7th - Rancho Cordova
- The State Exam is a 45-question multiple choice test with a 60-minute time limit. A raw score of 70 points out of 100 is passing.
- In addition, each candidate is required to present a separate check or money order made payable to "Secretary of State" in the amount of $40 or $20 for re-take.
- Both our Live Seminar and Online Self-Study students may take the State Exam after our regularly scheduled Live Seminars as part of the cost of the course.
- As part of Our Guarantee, all our students may re-take the State Exam, if needed, once a calendar month until they pass at no additional charge from the Academy.
- Non-Students may test with us at our regularly scheduled Live Seminars for an Advanced Seat Fee.
- For an additional fee, we offer Non-Students an opportunity to take the State Exam after our Live Seminars.
- $40 non-refundable Seat Fee, $50 at door, limited to availability.