Updates and Answers

separation line. NEW

What do I do with my notary public journal and stamp once my commission is no longer valid?

Thursday, April 26, 2018

Categories: Frequently Asked Questions

Comments: 0

This is a common question the Secretary of State's website answers well:

  • If any notary public resigns, is disqualified, removed from office, or allows his or her appointment to expire without obtaining reappointment within 30 days, all notarial records and papers must be delivered to the clerk of the county in which the notary public's current official oath of office is on file within 30 days. The notary public stamp should be destroyed. (California Government Code section 8209(a)

Comments RSS feed for comments on this page

There are no comments yet. Be the first to add a comment by using the form below.

"Hi, I got my test results this weekend. I got a 93. I was pleased. I sure feel better about what I do. Thanks again for your help. Good teacher--good grade! Take care." - C D